For a truly fulfilling life you need to understand what you want to be doing on a daily basis, what your lifestyle looks like, then build a business and portfolio in a way that allows you to do what you want to do, every single day.
That’s not easy which is the point. So many people give up when things get hard. Most people see something that’s hard and run the other direction. What I’ve continued to see in successful people is they see some difficult task and know that’s a good thing. Why? Most people give up when things get hard, or they never even get started because “it’s going to be too hard.”
What do I want in life?
- Creative work that is analytical and story based.
- Freedom to travel anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat.
- Creating and/or managing businesses which help people.
- Expressing myself intentionally through my work and lifestlye.
- Raising my own kids partnered/married to a wife I love.
- Online business ownership.
- Real estate business ownership.
I’m reminded of a story from a “successful” real estate investor. This investor cleared 1 million dollars every single year yet hate every single day of his life. The investor worked 12 hours a day every single day and hated the work load. Despite the investors personal belief about his own life every single person that knew him envied him – they wanted to be him. But the investor didn’t even want to be himself which is funny as everyone else wanted to be that guy. How interesting!
I’ve learned it’s not about the money you make. I’m not saying live as a pauper with no assets. Rather shift the mind into a lifestyle design perspective.
With this in mind, your job is:
1) identify what you want in life
2) build a portfolio and business, unique to your talents and desires, that ensures you get #1
A happiness secrete is about living an intentional life. A life you have chosen. Not a life your parents want, or your partner, or your friends, or the man; but what YOU want.
When you get to do what you want, when you want, and with who you want – that’s winning in life.